Par Mawiiee-A7X le 19 March 2011 à 23:20
Zachary James Baker, (born December 11, 1981) better known by his stage name Zacky Vengeance, is the rhythm guitarist and backing vocalist for the American metal/rock band Avenged Sevenfold.
Baker taught himself how to play the guitar when he was thirteen. He attended Huntington Beach High School, and formed Avenged Sevenfold there with M.Shadows and The Rev. Before Avenged Sevenfold, he was in a punk band called MPA*, which stands for Mad Porn Action. He implied that they were not successful. Baker came up with his stage name "Zacky Vengeance" because he wanted to get back at all the people from his youth who doubted his potential. He also came up with Johnny's stage name "Johnny Christ," saying it suited him. Vengeance was also responsible for the creation of the initialism "A7X".
Despite being left-handed, Vengeance recalls the first guitar he learned to play on was actually a right-handed his parents had bought him for his thirteenth birthday. He learned by playing upside-down, watching his favorite bands and other people he knew who played, and practiced as much as he could. He would also read each edition of Guitar World cover to cover, learning the tabs of the songs published there and watching the professionals perform them until he could play just as well.
The body is covered Zacky tattoo, including:
- A sparrow with a dagger through the leg
- A casket red and purple on the side of the right index finger he shares with members of Avenged Sevenfold and Good Charlotte
- The Anaheim Angels logo behind the left ear
- The word Vengeance and the number Seven in the back
- Jesus on the right forearm
- A woman decapitated on the right arm
- A skull with bat wings on the left arm (Avenged Sevenfold logo)
Vengeance uses Schecter Guitar, and endorses the company.
- The Vengeance standard
- The Vengeance Standard model (rebel flag as seen in "Walk" at Ozzfest in 2006)
- The ZV camo (seen using in Glasgow 2010)
- The ZV special designed by Zacky Vengeance
- The ZV custom (His first custom given by schecter)
- The ZV Blade
- The ZV special & custom with FR (as seen behind the scenes in the Live in the LBC DVD)
- The ZV mirror (as seen in Nightmare music video and on the Nightmare Tour.)
- The ZV "Gynecologist" with blood splatters. This version is different to the others as this comes with Seymour Duncan Invaders instead of his usual Seymour Duncan SH-4 "JB" set(now with white SH-4"JB"set)
- Vengeance has many custom shop S-1 models made exclusively for him.
- All models are loaded with Seymour Duncan JB Pickups.
- Formerly a Gibson SG left-handed was used by him (as seen in Warmness On The Soul music video)
- Seen using a Schecter PT series custom at the HEAVY MTL 2010
- In 2009 he was seen using a Fender Telecaster (blonde/creme) (this guitar was also used during performances of Buried Alive in 2010)
- Schecter S-1 with duncan designed hb-102
- Schecter Avenger lefty with EMG pickups
- Schecter S-1 custom (New in December 2010)
- Schecter S-1 bullseye custom as seen in Uproar backstage.
- Schecter Tempest Extreme Vengeance Custom (This model has vengeance blades on the knobs)
- Marshall 4x12 Cabinet
- Mesa boogie Rectifier
- Marshall Jcm
- Marshall JVM205H
- Jet city stacks half
Effects units and accessories
- Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
- ISP Decimator
- Voodoo Lab GCX Audio Switcher
- Palmer junction DI
- Ernie Ball "Skinny Top, Heavy Bottom 10-52" strings
- Dunlop Tortex Vengeance university 0.73mm (VU logo)
- Dunlop foREVer commemrative strap (only 2 of these have been made,both owned by Zacky)
Follow this section's article RSS flux
Follow this section's comments RSS flux